PTC#30 was the only PTC carousel to be exported. It was specially ordered in 1913 for White City Amusement Park in Sydney, Australia and moved to Luna Park in Melbourne in 1923.
It is a four row machine with 68 horses - all jumpers except for two outside row standers. It retains its original centre panels and columns, rounding boards with plaster cherubs and carved, mirrored shields. All 25 scenery paintings are original and during the restoration the PTC sign was revealed on one rounding board.
Between 1999 and 2001 the carousel underwent major restoration. Extensive original paint was found which was documented and retained under new top coats. The carousel and its horses were then authentically returned to their 1913 original appearance.
Ten horses and two chariots from this carousel are pictured in the title page of A Pictorial History of the Carousel by Frederick Fried.
Click on one of the pictures above to view a larger image. When a picture is displayed, use the following to navigate through the show: